Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Simmons vs. Diener?

Today during Bill Simmons' chat on ESPN.com, I noticed an interesting question and answer.

"Jake (Denver): If you were forced to fight any player in the NBA, your choice, who's your pick? In pro sports?


SportsNation Bill Simmons: (12:48 PM ET ) I think I could take Travis Diener."

I'm sure Diener is just happy being known as an actual NBA player seeing as he only played in 26 games this year, and most of those were because of injuries to Orlando's real point guards, but I think he should take offense to this. Going to college at Marquette is tough. You have to master such tricks as finding the skinny girl in a room full of fatties and convincing the bums of Milwaukee that you do not have any change. Also, let's not forget the rumor that the real reason Diener injured himself at the end of the 2003-2004 season was because he punched the Human Moving Pick, Chris Grimm, in the back of the head during practice.

I'm not saying Bill Simmons couldn't take Diener, but watch the back of your head during practice, that's when he strikes.

No comments: